Thank you OXO Tot for sponsoring this post. This post is part of the Do the Little Monster Mash with OXO Tot series. All opinions are my own.
Guys! I am so excited to talk about today’s post!!! As you know, the holiday season is finally here. It’s by far my favorite time of the year. I love holiday baking, cooking, decorating, Christmas shopping and just spending so much time with family. It can’t really get any better than that can it?
Well, there are new products that are here to make this time of year easier for us moms with little ones. We love eating and tasting all the wonderful flavors. But depending on how old your little one is, they might not get to or at least have trouble due to the size and texture/consistency of the food. That being said, OXO Tot, has come up with some useful tools that will allow these little ones to partake in such a wonderful event, eating holiday food!! Plus, at the end, I have a recipe for to try with your little ones! It’s an apple-pear puree crisp (because everything is better with a crumble on top!).
One of Oxo Tot’s products is the Food Masher! The name of this item pretty much sums up the purpose but let me go into detail as to how awesome it really is!! On top of being just a food masher, it’s a portable food masher. That’s right moms, you can take it on the go with you so when you’re out and about you can use it to mash up food. It quickly and thoroughly mash through foods such as fruits, veggies and more to give your baby fresh baby food. I love that! I love knowing that the food I’m giving Michael is actually something that I eat too. There are ridges in both the bowl and on the masher to ensure efficient mashing so you can rest assured that there won’t be any large pieces.
Now, if you think the Food Masher was awesome, wait until you hear about the Glass Baby Blocks. Now that you have all this mashed food, you’re going to need somewhere to store it right? That’s where these amazing Glass Baby Blocks come in hand. In this one container, you can portion (in ML and oz), store (in the fridge OR freezer), heat (in the microwave OR oven) and serve! How cool is that?! These blocks are made from durable borosilicate glass, which is thermal shock resistant. In other words, they go immediately from the freezer to the oven or microwave! No need to thaw beforehand. It even comes with a storage tray that will secure the blocks in place and you can safely store them.
The last product from OXO Tot is the Feeding Spoon Set with Soft Silicone. It is so important to start teaching our little ones how to use spoons and forks instead of their fingers. With the Food Masher and the Glass Baby Blocks it’s safe to say that for this recipe, a spoon is the way to go.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 apples
- 2 pears
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 packed dark or light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter (chilled and cut into pieces)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. To make the puree, heat the butter in a large skillet until it starts foaming. Add the apples, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix with a wooden spoon. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently until the apples and pears are soft and the juices have evaporated. Transfer to a bowl to cool to room temperature.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Scatter the butter pieces on top and rub them into the flour mixture with your fingers until the mixture resembles the consistency of wet sand.
5. Transfer the Glass Baby Blocks filled with the apple-pear puree crisp onto a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until crumble is golden brown.