The past few blog posts have had a theme, being Christ-Centered. I’m writing this as if you had read the posts that past two days (so if you haven’t, you may want to go read them). Having a Christ-centered marriage or a Christ-centered home can’t be accomplished unless you yourself are Christ-centered. The same steps or ways to achieve being Christ-centered are very similar to those of previous posts. Here are some ways to become Christ-Centered.
1. Pray. This is crucial. The best way to talk to God is through prayer. It’s a way to really be vulnerable with Him. To share your worries, fears, struggles or to even thank Him and praise Him.
2. Go to church. You need to be spiritually fed and the best way to do that is to go to church. When you are fed the Word of God, your body reacts. You can start growing and changing and becoming more like Christ.
3. Get involved in ministry. Whether you join a life group, get involved in women’s ministry or have devotionals with close friends, get involved with ministry. It’s so healthy to share and grow with other people who are like Christians. They will be there to help you when you fall, to strengthen and encourage you and your walk with God.
4. Read the bible. Find quiet time in your day to read the bible. If you can start your day by reading the Word of God, you are off to a much better start. But if for some reason you are unable, find time throughout the day to spend time reading. Whether it’s on your lunch break or before bed, find time to let the Word of God speak to you.
5. Listen to Christian Music. Music is food for the soul and if you listen to Christian music, just think about how much food your soul is really getting.
6. Be with like-minded Christians. Spend time with people who are like-minded Christians. What does that mean? Well, if you spend time with people who like to swear, have sex and party, you are likely to not grow or be Christ-centered because you’re surrounding yourself with people who don’t have the same lifestyle you do. If you were to be with friends who read the bible, pray and live their life to please God, you will find yourself on the right path.