Whether you are recently married or have been married for years, it is crucial that you continue to strengthen your marriage. You don’t want to get into a rut or grow in different directions. Marriage needs to be strengthened because in a relationship, in a marriage, you need to rely on one another. You are each others shoulders to lean on, you are each others rocks. So it is so important that you keep your marriage strong. Here are five ways to help you strengthen your marriage or keep it strong.
- Communicate – communication is crucial. You can’t read each other’s mind and know each other’s desires. As a couple you need to communicate with your daily lives as well as your personal needs in the relationship.
- Date – go on dates! Whether it’s a dinner and a movie or at a nice restaurant; keep dating your husband. Don’t let that spark die!
- Pray – Pray with each other and pray for each other. God is the key to keeping a marriage strong. He is the rock in your daily life and needs to be a rock in marriage. Without him, you don’t stand a chance.
- Be intimate – Being intimate is a crucial component in a marriage. I don’t need to go into detail, but figure out how your partner feels loved and show them affection. Hold their hand, kiss them even in public.
- Talk their love language – Every person has their own love language and they are the most fluent in their own language. Take time to discuss what your love language is with your husband, find out what his language is and then learn to speak each other’s.