With the holiday season comes many things. Shopping, seeing Santa, baking Christmas cookies, caroling, attending parties, the list goes on. But even through all of the hustle and bustle the season brings, we need to remember the real meaning of Christmas and just as important we need to remind our children of the real meaning of Christmas. Volunteer at a shelter, attend the Christmas Eve service, do something generous for others and don’t forget to read them The Christmas Story.
One of the things that I strongly believe in, regardless of the Christmas season, is raising my children (or currently child) to know, love and believe in Jesus. There are countless ways to teach children about the love of Christ but the holiday season is one of the most opportune times. I wanted to share with you 5 Christmas verses to teach your children this holiday season. Michael won’t be able to memorize or recite them but just giving him the opportunity to listen to them is enough.
1. “Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.” ~Isaiah 7:14b
2. “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us…” ~John 1:14a
3. “And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.” ~Matthew 1:21
4. “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.” ~Luke 2:11
5. “And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him…” ~Matthew 2:11a